The PADI Wreck diver specialty course offers rewarding adventures while observing responsible wreck diving practices.
Whether purpose-sunk as an artificial reef for scuba divers, or lost as the result of an accident, wrecks are fascinating windows to the past. Wrecks are great to explore and usually full with aquatic life. Each wreck dive offers a chance for discovery, potentially unlocking a mystery or searching for something others have missed.
PADI Wreck diver program
In the theory section we will discuss the following aspects:
- Planning, organization and gas management.
- Problems and hazards of wreck diving.
- Special equipment and the configuration.
- Lines and reel techniques for entering in a wreck.
- Diving in low visibility and emergency procedures.
After this session we will practice some Dry-runs.
In the practical part we make 4 Open water dives what include:
- Safety considerations for navigating and exploring wrecks.
- Surveying and mapping a wreck.
- Using penetration lines and markers to guide exploration.
- Techniques to avoid kicking up silt or disturbing the wreck and its inhabitants.